Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Types of Personal Information which we collect and source of information
The types of Personal Information which we collect includes but is not limited to data and information pertaining to yourself such as your name, address, email address (or other contact information), age, gender, race, National Registration Identification Card (NRIC) number, financial information such as your bank balance, bank transactions, assets, liabilities and income as well as credit facilities and records with other financial service providers. The information serves to establish your identity, background, financial standing and credit worthiness as well as suitability of the products and services offered by Sinegy and our business partners, if applicable.
- through your relationship with us, for example information provided by you in application forms, when using our products or services, when taking part in customer surveys, competitions and promotions, and during financial reviews;
- through your verbal, written and e-mail communications with us and/or our authorised agents;
- from an analysis of the way you use and manage your account(s)/facility(ies) with us, from the transactions you make and from the payments which are made to your account(s)/facility(ies);
- from third parties such as employers, credit reference information providers, government/statutory agencies, and/or
- from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where not otherwise restricted.
How we use collected information
- to process application for products offered by Sinegy and/or its business partners and/or services which you had subscribed for;
- to notify you about important changes/developments to the product/service features;
- to assess/verify your credit worthiness;
- to communicate with you including responding to your enquiries and/or complaints and resolving disputes;
- for the purposes of strategic alliances, cross selling, marketing, and promotions; by other units/department/ entities within Sinegy, our agents and third parties;
- to comply with regulatory requirements and provide assistance to law enforcement agencies;
- to research and develop products and/or services;
- to administer and/or manage products and services to you including collecting debts and enforcement of our rights and obligations;
- to improve and develop our services and quality assurance to you;
- to prevent, detect or prosecute cases of fraud/crime and comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- for legal purposes (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution);
- to maintain your credit history for present and future reference (if deemed necessary), and
- to protect Sinegy’s interests and other related purposes.
Security measures adopted to protect Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is our priority. Sinegy keeps, protects and processes your Personal Information in a secure manner by taking reasonable measures in maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, in compliance with applicable regulations.
We ensure that access of Sinegy employees to the Personal Information which you have provided to us is limited to authorised employees who are trained in handling your information. These authorised personnel are required to ensure the confidentiality of your information and to respect your privacy at all times.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
- entities and business units within the Sinegy Group in and outside Malaysia, for the purposes of providing customers with latest marketing and promotional offers which may be of interest to customers;
- licensees, business partners and third party service providers;
- professional advisors including consultants, lawyers, accountants, auditors, bankers, rating agencies, trustees, insurers, auctioneers and brokers on a need to know basis for the purposes of providing their services/advices to us;
- credit bureaus, CTOS, debt-collection agencies and/or other parties who assist with debt recovery functions;
- agent or contractors acting on our behalf or appointed by us to act on our behalf;
- regulatory, government bodies or other authorities if required or authorised to do so to discharge any regulatory function under any law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court;
- any relevant institution/party to facilitate your request/dealings in respect of the credit facilities, accounts, products and/or services obtained from Sinegy;
- any parties authorised by you;
- any person or corporation to whom Sinegy may transfer or propose to transfer any part of its interests, obligations, business and/or operations.
- subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to Sinegy and further subject to your rights as stated in this Privacy Notice.
Your acceptance of these terms
By consenting to this Privacy Notice you are giving us permission to process your Personal Information for the purposes identified.
You can withdraw this consent by notifying us through the communications channels stated below.
SINEGY Technologies (M) Sdn. Bhd.
18-32-D Persiaran Gurney,
(Gurney Tower) 10250,